*Sorry, no picture of these, you’ll have to use your imagination (or better yet, just make them)
Makes one 8x8 pan.
- 1/2 cup melted butter (yes, make sure to melt it- the microwave works fine)
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar (light brown is also fine)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa (special dark if you can find it)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts (plus 1/4 cup or so extra for topping)
- Caramel topping for drizzling over finished brownies
~1 hour (including mixing and baking time)
How to Make it Happen:
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Grease an 8 in x 8 in baking pan.
- Mix melted butter, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in eggs.
- Combine dry ingredients (except peanuts) and mix into wet ingredients until well blended.
- Stir in peanuts and transfer to baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from edges of pan. A toothpick in the center will come out clean.
- Transfer to cooling rack and drizzle caramel topping over the brownies while they are still warm. Sprinkle caramel with extra chopped peanuts.
- Let cool and enjoy! These will stay good covered in the refrigerator for a few days.
Note: These were modified from the Mmm-mmm Better Brownies recipe found on allrecipes.com.